We Rejoice in Christ February 17-23 2nd Nephi 11-25 Come Follow Me Ideas for Family, Primary and Sunday School.
Main Ideas for Week 7- We Rejoice in Christ
I am so happy you are hear and exploring ways to better teach the Come Follow Me curriculum with your families or class at church. I like to keep the teaching tools shared here simple but effective. One way I keep it streamlined is by sharing the main ideas for the week. My goal is to keep you focused on what you’ve been asked to teach. Knowing these key ideas will help with that. I also know each of you are initialed to your own inspiration. Sometimes just knowing the topics will bring thoughts and impressions to your mind that will help you teach in your homes and at church. So lets dive into what our main ideas are for this week!~
Main Ideas for Families:
- The Lord is merciful to His people and will fulfill His promises.
- I can come unto Christ and receive the glorious blessings of His Atonement.
- Because of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, I can “cheer up” my heart.
Main Ideas for Primary
- The temple is the house of the Lord.
- “We rejoice in Christ.”
- The Millennium will be a time of peace and joy.
- Satan tries to confuse me about good and evil.
Main Ideas for Sunday School
- Isaiah testified of Jesus Christ.
- In the latter days, God’s people will be gathered and enjoy peace.
- Our homes and “assemblies” of Zion can be places of safety and refuge.
- “The right way is to believe in Christ.”
Question and Prompt Pages for Sunday School and Primary Teachers
Now that you know what you will be teaching lets
LDS Temple Game for Family Activity
This week you get to talk about the house of the Lord with your families. Here are the instructions for a simple LDS Temple game where you can match the temple illustrations below!
Lds Temple Matching Game
- Begin by reading 2nd Nephi 12:1-3
- If you have been to the temple ” the Mountain of the Lords House” You might share with your family how the temple covenants are helping you “Walk in [The Lords] Paths. If you have not been to the temple, reading these verse together might inspire a discussion about how you can prepare for temple blessings.
- After your discussion play the temple matching game.
- How to play: Print out the temple cards x2 cut and laminate them if you can. Place them face down in rows on the floor and take turns making matches!
Primary Lesson Idea “We Rejoice in Christ” Come Follow Me Lesson
The lesson idea I wanted to focus on this week for primary was the Millennium. We learn in our scripture study that in the Millennium that animals who are natural enemies today will get along with each other. Here are the instructions to use these cute animal masks as you teach.
- Take out the animal masks and let your class wear or hold them as you read
- Read 2nd Nephi 21:6-7
- Ask the children to name the animals, explain that these animals are usually enemies, but Isaiah taught that after Jesus Christ comes again, there will be a time of peace, called the Millennium when animals will not hurt each other. How can we follow the example of these animals in the way we treat each other? Invite the children to draw pictures of these animals living peacefully together.
Sunday School Lesson Helps for ” We Rejoice in Christ”
Each week for Sunday school I create a simple work-age to help you dive into one important topic a little deeper with your class. This week I choose:
Our homes and “assemblies” of Zion can be places of safety and refuge.
I loved this topic and wanted to highlight it with this work-age for your class. It will help you lead a meaningful discussion and help the understand their role in keep ing their homes a place of safety and refuge.
I hope you enjoyed the lesson ideas I have provided for you today! Please share how your lessons go in the comment section! I love to hear!
If you have a minuet before you go please pin the images below to Pinterest. This is a wonderful way to share these ideas with your friends! I so appreciate you taking the time to tell your friends and family about this blog and how it helps you!! I hope to make ministering simpler for anyone teaching at home or at church! When you share the ideas from this blog your support is so appreciated!! So THANK YOU so very much!!!
Disclaimer: The ideas shared on this blog are original ideas and designs from Haley at Ministering simply. They are for personal use only and cannot be used in any way which would have monetary compensation
Wow! Thanks for sharing these incredible resources. I know my family will love playing the Temple Match game. Your illustrations are gorgeous. I have a new web “crush” 🙂 Thank you so much!
Alison thank you so much!
Pihla Konttinen says
Thank You so much! This means so much to me! ❤️
I am so glad you like it!
Elaine Wahlin says
i love your temple match game and want to use it for my Primary class this Sunday. When I try to print it, it makes large temple pictures, 4 per page, and it cuts off part of the temple pictures to the right side of the page. Any suggestion? Thank you for your marvelous ideas! I appreciate your time and talents. Elaine Pinetop, AZ
Hey, Elaine Its probably a setting with your printer. I always do test prints at home to make sure they are formatted correctly. I have had others say similar things and its typically a setting with their personal printer. Try making sure that it’s set to the right print page size 8×10 and make sure it’s not set to more than 100% I hope those tips help!
I figured it out! Went to pdf after downloading it. I’m excited to use it this Sunday. Thank you!
Glad you were able to figure it out!
Laura B says
Do you have the download available for the Wolf animal mask? I don’t see it showing up and would love to print it so I have enough animals to make matches :-). Thank you!
Sorry! I just added it!