Jesus Miracles are an important part of his ministry on Earth. Today, I have a fun and simple game you can play with your families as you teach about 8 of the miracles he performed during his ministry
This Weeks Reading: Matthew 8-9; Mark 2-5
Just so you know! I often use affiliate links in my posts! This is my preferred way to point you towards products, supplies or other items that fit the content of a post. I only share products I myself have or would purchase!! I get a little kickback when you use these links and check out. But, you pay nothing extra when I do! It’s a great way for me to maintain this site and make a little commission for the ideas I share here! Using these links blesses my family in more ways than I can count! It pays for dance class, new shoes for ever-growing kids etc! It also helps me feel good about the time I spend on this blog when I can contribute to the costs of raising a family! Thank you for supporting MInistering Simply!
In the reading for this weeks Come Follow Me manual we read about Jesus miracles. There are 8 miracles that Jesus performs throughout these 5 chapters. Jesus performs the following miracles:
A leper (Matthew 8:1–4)
A centurion’s servant (Matthew 8:5–13)
Peter’s mother-in-law (Matthew 8:14–15)
Two blind men (Matthew 9:27–31)
A man who was paralyzed (Mark 2:1–12)
A man possessed by evil spirits (Mark 5:1–20)
Jairus’s daughter (Mark 5:22–23, 35–43)
A woman with an issue of blood (Mark 5:24–34)
Jesus Miracles For Kids
As I have mentioned many times before, I am teaching my young family 8yrs-1yrs these lessons. Its important to me that they know the stories and can remember a few of them. When we understand the miracles that Jesus performs it strengthens our faith as we call on him for help. I want to impress upon my children the miracles Jesus performed so that they too can ask for help and see miracles in their own lives.
How many Miracles did Jesus Perform in the Bible
In the Bible alone there are over 40 miracles that Jesus performed. Here is a long list of 40 of those miracles that may be fun to look at with your families as you study these chapters in this weeks reading. To further learn about the miracles of Jesus Christ.
The Miracles of Jesus
- Miracles of Jesus: Born of a virgin (Matthew 1:18-25, Luke 1:26-38)
- Miracles of Jesus: Changing water into wine (John 2:1-11)
- Healing of the royal official’s son (John 4:46-54)
- Jesus Healing of a man possessed by a demon in Capernaum (Mark 1:21-28, Luke 4:33-37)
- Healing of Simon Peter’s mother-in-law (Matthew 8:14-15, Mark 1:29-31, Luke 4:38-39)
- Healing the sick during the evening (Matt 8:16, Mark 1:32, Luke 4:40)
- Catching a large number of fishes (Luke 5:3-10)
- Healing a leper (Matthew 8:1-4; Mark 1:40-45; Luke 5:12-15)
- Jesus Healing a centurion’s servant (Matthew 8:5-13, Luke 7:1-10)
- Healing a paralyzed man (Matthew 9:1-8, Mark 2:1-12, Luke 5:18-26)
- Jesus Healing a withered hand (Matthew 12:9-14, Mark 3:1-6, Luke 6:6-10)
- Raising a widow’s son (Luke 7:11-17)
- Calming the stormy sea (Matthew 8:23-27, Mark 4:35-41, Luke 8:22-25)
- Healing the Gerasene demon-possessed man (Matthew 8:28-32, Mark 5:1-13, Luke 8:26-33)
- Jesus Healing a woman with internal bleeding (Matthew 9:20-22, Mark 5:25-34, Luke 8:43-48)
- Raising Jairus’ daughter (Matthew 9:18-19, 23-25; Mark 5:22-24, 35-43; Luke 8:41-42, 49-56)
- Healing two blind men (Matthew 9:27-31)
- Jesus Healing a mute man possessed by a demon (Matthew 9:32-33)
- Healing a man who was crippled for 38 years (John 5:1-17)
- Feeding 5000 men and their families (Matthew 14:16-21, Mark 6:35-44, Luke 9:12-17, John 6:5-14)
- Jesus walks on water (Matthew 14:22-33, Mark 6:45-52, John 6:16-21)
- Healing of many in Gennesaret (Matthew 14:34-36; Mark 6:53-56)
- Healing a demon-possessed girl (Matthew 15:21-28, Mark 7:24-30)
- Jesus Healing a deaf man with a speech impediment (Mark 7:31-37)
- Feeding the 4000 men and their families (Matthew 15:29-39, Mark 8:1-10)
- Healing a blind man in Bethsaida (Mark 8:22-26)
- Jesus Healing a man born blind (John 9:1-41)
- Healing a boy possessed by a demon (Matthew 17:14-20, Mark 9:17-29, Luke 9:37-43)
- Catching a fish with a coin in its mouth (Matthew 17:24-27)
- Healing a blind and mute man who was possessed by a demon (Matthew 12:22-23, Luke 11:14)
- Jesus Healing a woman with an 18-year infirmity (Luke 13:10-13)
- Healing a man with dropsy (Luke 14:1-6)
- Healing 10 men suffering from leprosy (Luke 17:11-19)
- Bringing Lazarus back to life (John 11:1-44)
- Healing Bartimaeus of blindness (Matthew 20:29-34, Mark 10:46-52, Luke 18:35-43)
- The withering fig tree that produced no fruit (Matthew 21:18-22; Mark 11:12-14, 20-25)
- Restoring a severed ear (Luke 22:45-54)
- The resurrection of Jesus Christ ( 1 Corinthians 15, Matthew 28, Mark 16, Luke 24, John 20 )
- Catching of the 153 fish (John 21:4-11)
- The ascension of Jesus Christ ( Acts 1:1-11 )
Miracles of Jesus Chart
Below, I have created a reading chart of each of the accounts of just the 8 miracles Jesus performed in this weeks reading. This will be an easy reference as you play the matching card game that goes along with it. Typically, I encourage families and individuals to open up their actual scriptures to study and learn. However, for this game, I have created a reference guide so that it is easy to flip through. This way you can see each of the exact verses where a miracle takes place. Making this game easy and fun for families of young children. This will help you and your kids determine what quotes from the scriptures match the name of the miracle card.
Miracles of Jesus Videos
In the Lds Gospel Library, there is a section of videos specifically sharing the accounts of Jesus Performing MIracles HERE. It might be fun to go through a few of them this week as well. This will help further explore Jesus miracles. I myself am a visual learner and I know several of my children are as well. These videos will bring the words in the scriptures to life.
- Jesus turns water to wine
- Jesus heals a possessed man
- He Heals a man stricken with palsy
- Jesus raises the daughter of Jairus
- He heals a woman of faith
- Jesus raises the widows’ son
- He calms the stormy sea
- Jesus feeds 5000
- He walks on water
- Jesus heals the lame man
- Jesus heals the blind man
- Lazarus is raised from the dead
Jesus Miracles-Matching Game
Now I will share with you this matching game! It is a quick game that can be played in on sitting with little or big kids! Smaller children will need some help but the more involved that your family is the more fun it will be!
How to Play
You will need to print out the scripture reference guide found below as well as the set of cards. Cut out each of the cards and if you’d like you can laminate them so that they will hold up for multiple rounds! This would also be a great game to throw in your church bag for a quiet activity during sacrament!
There are a total of 8 miracles on half of the cards. The other half contains a line or phrase from the scripture pertaining to one of each of the miracles.
Flip all the cards over so they face down put the miracles on one side and the scripture phrases on the other side of the floor. Pick one card from each side. Using your fefrence guide find the matches!
Thank you for coming here for resources for this weeks come follow me lesson about Jesus miracles! you can find an easy link below where you can print each of the handouts I have shared today including the game! enjoy!