God Loveth a Cheerful Giver- Primary & Sunday School Lesson Ideas- 2nd Corinthians 8-13-Sept 16-22 These lesson ideas include full lesson plans for primary to Sunday school-age children 3years old to 18-You will find fun handouts, easy to use Question and Prompts as well as many ideas to teach each principle in this weeks Come Follow Me Lesson
God Loveth a Cheerful Giver: Main Ideas
Before we dive in I like to introduce you to the main Ideas as defined in the Come Follow Me Manual for this week. These are what we have been asked to discuss in our classes and at home. I provide a full question and prompt outline for each lesson plan that will help you touch on each of the following:
- I can cheerfully give to people in need.
- Heavenly Father always answers prayers, but He doesn’t always give me everything I ask for.
- Saints cheerfully share what they have to bless the poor and needy.
- False prophets seek to deceive.
- We should “examine”our faithfulness in the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- The Savior’s grace is sufficient to help us find strength in our weakness.
God Loveth a Cheerful Giver: Intro
First I have a very exciting announcement! For the first time this week I am sharing a Sunday school lesson plan too! This means that the lesson plans I share each week will allow you to teach children ages 3-18. These lesson ideas are all inspired by prompts from the Come Follow Me Manual. The ideas I share are made to simplify your lesson planning and teaching! But still make it fun and engaging for your class! These ideas are also for you to use at home as you teach the Come Follow me Ideas to your Families!
God Loveth a Cheerful Giver-Lesson Plan- What’s included?
I have two separat print outs for you this week. One download includes all the items included for primary and the second includes all the items included for Sunday school I will list them out below as well. If you want to mix and match between the two different sets of ideas you certainly can! There are so many options here but I have geared one lesson toward younger children and the other towards older children.
Primary Lesson Ideas include:
for kids ages 3-12
- Question and Prompt Page (your complete lesson outline)
- Happy and Sad Face Colorful Illustrations
- Printable of Primary Song ” When We’re Happy we’re Helping
- Serve others with a plan -colorful worksheet
- “Thorn of the flesh” Cactus coloring page with scripture
- Pre-colored version
- Coloring page option
- Challenges Make us Humble- Mountain Illustration
- Coloring page option
- Pre-colored option
- Don’t forget to pray for Eric Printable story
- Don’t forget to pray i
- includes coloring page
- pre-colored option
- and colorful small version to use as a handout
- 2nd Corinthians 9:7 work page (great for older primary kids)
- 2nd Corinthians 12:9-10 work page with prompts (older primary kids)
Sunday School Lesson Includes:
For kids ages 11-18
- Question and Prompt Pages ( Your complete lesson outline)
- 14 printable Prompt cards
- includes important questions to ask your class
- scripture references
- and thought-provoking prompts
- Elder Deiter F. Uchtdorf Gospel Essentials Pyramid visual
- Stumbling block visual work page
- Newspaper Prompt work page
- Something to Ponder-Christs Grace Worksheet
- Take it Home Cards (challenge your kids to go home and study!)
There is one other change I wanted to mention this week as well I have a simpler way for you to print each of the lesson ideas and now instead of having to download each individual link you will get a complete download with instructions and the printable in one file. I hope this just provides a simpler way to print and use the lesson ideas I have shared! If you need to print multiple pages just use your printer options and select a specific page range and change the amount of pages you need of any given lesson idea.
If you have a minuet before you go please pin the images below to Pinterest. This is a wonderful way to share these ideas with your friends! I so appreciate you taking the time to tell your friends and family about this blog and how it helps you!! I hope to make ministering simpler for anyone teaching at home or at church! When you share the ideas from this blog your support is so appreciated!! So THANK YOU so very much!!!
Disclaimer: The ideas shared on this blog are original ideas and designs from Haley at Ministering simply. They are for personal use only and cannot be used in anyway which would have a monetary compensation.